- April 14, 2022
- On Social Media
- Comments : 0
A holiday SAFETY message from UMS
BE SAFE ON THE ROADS THIS EASTER.
ZERO HARM means that the safety of our employees does not end when they come off shift and exit our premises. Road travel remains a risk to all our employees and their families. To be safe on the roads over these upcoming holidays please remember the following basics of ROAD SAFETY:
• Avoid unnecessary travel if you can.
• Ensure the vehicle is in a roadworthy condition. Do simple pre-trip inspections and attend to faults (such as tyres, windscreen wipers, lights, and indicators).
• Avoid travelling in the dark.
• Don’t speed. Reduce speed in the wet. Getting to your holiday destination is not a race.
• Ensure all vehicle occupants wear a seat belt.
• Stop every two hours to stretch legs and break the journey.
• Guard against distractions while driving and don’t use cell phones.
• Don’t drink and drive.
• Think about how your driver behaviour affects your loved ones.
We care about your safety even when away from work. Enjoy your well-deserved break and we look forward to having everyone safely back at work.